Drug addiction is something with which no one wants to contend. When someone we love is struggling with addiction, everyone who loves him suffers as well. When we are faced with this unfortunate circumstance, finding the right treatment facility to overcome this obstacle is essential. If the correct treatment program is not utilized, recovery may be impossible. For this reason, seeking a reputable facility is vital to the recovery process. Blue Water Detox Facility is a safe, tranquil place with medical professionals and a compassionate staff to help you or your loved one overcome addiction.
When an individual is physically and mentally addicted to a drug, he needs to seek treatment that includes a detoxification phase. Some of the addiction signs to look for include:
- Behavioral changes/seclusion
- Financial problems
- Light sensitivity
- Weight loss
- Dilated or pinpoint pupils
Detox is the first step in the process for the addict to regain control of his life. Detoxification assists an individual in ridding his system of the substance’s toxins and residues.
Some of the drugs that require detox are:
- Cocaine (powder or crack)
- Date rape drugs or club drugs
- Prescription medications (central nervous system depressants, stimulants, opioid-based analgesics)
Detoxification is a vital phase in the treatment for addiction and recovery. Unfortunately, it is a very unpleasant and difficult stage as well. However, without completion, the individual will not be able to move forward in his recovery process. This means that there is very little hope he will recover.
- Detox is one of the three stages of the treatment and recovery process. Generally, in-patient programs offer detox programs; however, not all out-patient programs will offer detox programs.
- Detox has to be completed before the individual can move on to the other stages of treatment.
- It is not always lengthy. In fact, some individuals will successfully complete their detox process within seven to ten days.
- Detoxification is imperative if an individual is going to move to the counseling stage of his addiction treatment and recovery.
- Withdrawal symptoms commonly occur during detox. These symptoms may be very unpleasant the harshness of the symptoms, will depend on the severity of the individual’s addiction.
You should never attempt to detoxify yourself or a loved one on your own. The withdrawal symptoms during detox have the potential to be serious. For this reason, undergoing this process with the supervision of a licensed physician is recommended.
Blue Water Detox Facility Makes Patients as Comfortable as Possible
Medical detox is practiced at Blue Water. Specific medications are administered to the patient, which helps him feel more comfortable during his detoxification process. These medications help ease the muscle and bone pain, nausea and insomnia that are generally experienced during detox.
The types of medication the patient receives will depend on:
- The kind of withdrawal symptoms he is experiencing while undergoing his detoxification process.
- If the physician thinks he will experience a reaction to a specific medication or not.
Most of the time, these medications are administered throughout the detox stage and are gradually reduced as the detox stage ends.
If Help is Not Sought
For those individuals who do not seek assistance, each day they will fall deeper and deeper into their addiction. Numerous dangers are related to continued drug abuse, including:
- Hepatitis B & C
- Talc Granulomastosis
- Injection site bacterial infections
- Tooth Loss/Scarring
- Erratic behavior
Reasons to Consider Blue Water Detox for Treatment
- Safe & serene environment
- Professional licensed medical personnel
- Compassionate & knowledgeable staff
- Customized programs to meet each patient’s needs
Contact Blue Water Detox Center Today
If you or someone you care for is currently caught up in the destructive grip of addiction, please seek help with Blue Water Detox. We are an addiction treatment provider that understands the struggle. We know the suffering of the addict and the heartache of the families involved.
Call us today at the toll free number at the top of the page. If you are fearful of voicing the problem, please simply fill out our form. Any measure of contact is a step in the right direction.