Drug addiction in Florida
The geographical characteristics of the state of Florida make it the most desirable entry point into the US for a number of illegal substances that are imported into the country by the many foreign drug trafficking organizations. Here are some statistics regarding the primary drug threats based on numerous reported admissions into detox in Florida programs throughout the state:
- 31.5% of all the heroin users are between the ages of 36 and 45
- 41% of all the cocaine users in Florida between the ages of 31 and 40 snort the drug while 48% that are in the same age bracket smoke it in crack form
- Nearly 40% of all the marijuana users are between 12 and 20 years old
- Slightly over 44% of all the meth users in the state are between 21 and 30 years old
There is also a growing concern with the growing use of MDMA’s or substances that are referred to as “club” or “date rape” drugs. Ecstasy is the most widely distributed and used club drug in the state with GHB and LSD being readily accessible as well. These drugs typically show up on college and university campuses while being extremely popular at rave parties as well.
What to expect during detox
Most addiction rehab centers in the state of Florida follow a three-stage format of treatment and recovery for substance abuse, addiction, and dependency issues. The in-patient or residential detox in Florida programs witness the highest success rates of all programs found throughout the state. Basically, the majority of the detox programs in the state are either medical or non-medical in nature.
In either case, undergoing detox will most likely mean that you will experience some very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms both emotional and physical in nature. These include:
- Emotional withdrawal symptoms – anxiety and occasional panic attacks, erratic and oftentimes volatile mood swings, nervousness, prolonged periods of depression, and thoughts of suicide
- Physical withdrawal symptoms – chills and fever; insomnia or sleeplessness; joint muscle aches, cramps, and pains; nausea and vomiting; runny nose; sweating; and watery eyes
Due to the fact that the withdrawal symptoms above can be very unpleasant, a medically supervised detox in Florida program is the recommended course of action. The benefit of a medical detox program is that they are dedicated to the comfort and safety of the person. So they are cared for, monitored, and supervised around the clock by licensed medical professionals to ensure their well-being.
We are here to help you
If you have been suffering with substance abuse, addiction, or dependency and have been searching for an effective detox in Florida program with a high recovery success rate, the Blue Water Detox addiction treatment center is here to help you. We specialize in a wide range of medical detox programs that can be customized to target the unique clinical and personal needs of any individual. If you would like more information, please contact us and discuss your circumstances with one of our detox program specialists today.